Are you a Lactation Professional?
The state of Nebraska has many lactation professionals available for families who need help on their breast/chestfeeding journey. The problem is there is not currently a central directory of where these professionals are or how they can help! The Nebraska Breastfeeding Coalition invites you to complete the following form to add yourself and your organization as one who can provide lactation aid to families. All levels of lactation are welcome, from Peer Counselors to IBCLC-MDs.
If you are a Peer Counselor, forward this form to your supervising agency so it can be added. This way you can ensure appropriate referrals.
The information you provide will be shared on the Coalition's public website as a Google map. The map can only be edited by the Coalition Leadership Team.
Resources for Breastfeeding Advocates
Want to get involved in breastfeeding action in Nebraska? Explore these resources and see how you can increase breastfeeding awareness and get involved in change making!
- FAQ’s about breastfeeding in the Nebraska workforce
- Fairness for Breastfeeding Mothers Act
- Breaktime for Nursing Mothers under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Policies and Actions
- News and Advocacy
- National Conference information
- Education and advocacy for the IBCLC
- “Find an IBCLC” registry
- Breastfeeding Data state by state
- Resources and guidelines for promoting breastfeeding in law and policy