The Nebraska Breastfeeding Coalition underwent the Strategic Planning Process, with the help of the Nebraska State Health Improvement Plan and the Nebraska College of Public Health.
From a series of discussions and meetings, we have identified three goals to focus on for 2016-2018.
Nebraska Breastfeeding Coalition Strategic Goals (2016-2018)
- Sustained/diversified funding
- (Fulltime) Staffing for communication and logistics
- Support and expand the CBIs
- Collaborate/find synergistic opportunities with the NPQIC (Nebraska Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative)
- Choose a set of providers/supporters to focus on (IBCLCs, OB, FP, PEDs, CBEs, etc.)
- Worksite recognition (including Breastfeeding Friendly Award)
- Educate Nebraska worksites on current breastfeeding laws and practices (evidence-based)
A Task Force has been assigned to work on each goal. For more information regarding their work, simply click the goal and it will direct you to that page.