Organizer: Deanne Birkestrand, RN, BSN, IBCLC
CHI Health~Good Samaritan Kearney, Nebraska
Contact Information: 308-865-7689 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Cooley, Daycare provider & Breastfeeding advocate
- Kristin Kennedy, Suite Child
- Lindsey Howell, Mid NE Mobility
- Katie Asay, RN, Family Practice Associates
- Amanda Glass, Breastfeeding mother and Chemistry Professor at UNK
- Jalin Ballou and Adriana Van Pelt, Kearney Public Schools Early Steps
- Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska:
- Judy Schultz, WIC Director, CSW, CCAP
- Leah James, RN, IBCLC /WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator
- Victoria Narcisse, Breastfeeding USA Counselor and WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
- Stacie Vance, WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
- A viewing of the documentary film “Milky Way” was held at the World Theater in Kearney on August 2014 to celebrate breastfeeding month.
- A Big Latch On Event was held in Kearney in August 2015 to celebrate breastfeed month. 18 people attended the event and 9 babies latched on simultaneously along with 14,889 other babies world-wide.
- Really.Really? materials were printed and distributed to Kearney clinics, physicians, and healthcare providers.
- Educational materials from Childbirth graphics were purchased and distributed for community breastfeeding classes and education.
- A logo for the Kearney Community Breastfeeding Initiative was created and displayed at hosted events and used on printed materials.
- Monthly coalition meetings-dates and times TBA- Contact Deanne Birkestrand for dates and times
Want to Join?
Interested community members with the common goal of educating the public and supporting breastfeeding mothers please call or email Deanne Birkestrand to inquire about joining our cause!