- Offers a welcoming atmosphere that allows breastfeeding mothers to nurse or express milk in a designated location.
- Provides breastfeeding mothers access to a private room, other than a bathroom, for expressing milk or nursing.
- The room has supportive amenities including, but not limited to a comfortable chair, a lock on the door, a small table and an electrical outlet.
- Provides all breastfeeding employees flexible breaks to express milk or nurse.
- Has an informal or formal breastfeeding support policy.
- Educates all staff to the breastfeeding support policy.